We are the GDBA - the Cooperative of German Stage Employees. With more than 6,000 members, we are the oldest and largest stage union for many thousands of theater professionals - whether salaried, freelance or hybrid. We help them when they need support, advice and protection.
Together with our sister unions, we negotiate the collective wage agreement for the stage (NV Bühne) with the German Stage Association. It is the working basis for most artistic employees at theaters.
Our goal is a fundamental reform of the NV Bühne. And as soon as possible.
We exist locally, regionally, nationally, in person and online. We are represented at almost all theaters. The employees of the artistic and artistic-technical areas of theatres. Artistic and artistic-technical employees of German theatres are organised within us. The diversity of professions and employment relationships is reflected in our professional groups (Solo, Dance, Opera Choir, ATuV (equipment, technology and administration)) and the freelance-group.
In the Versorgungsanstalt der deutschen Bühnen we take care of our supplementary pension insurance and the financial support of dancers during their transition.
We talk to politicians and the media about the problems and goals of our industry.
Cooperation and networking
- We are a member of the German Cultural Council e.V. - Section Council for Performing Arts and Dance
- We are a member of Fonds Darstellende Künste e.V.
- We are a member of the International Federation of Actors (FIA)
- We sit on the Board of Directors and the Working Committee of the Versorgungsanstalt der deutschen Bühnen (VDDB) in the Bayerische Versorgungskammer (Bavarian Chamber of Pensions )
- We are part of the Action Alliance Performing Arts
- We have a seat on the advisory board of the "Systemcheck " project
- We are a member of the German Musical Academy
- We support events and actions of the associations dancers connect and ensemble-network
- We are a supporting member of the Themis advice centre
- We sit on the advisory board of the SKS (Ständige Konferenz Schauspielausbildung)